Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fairisle Gloves

slisen.blogspot.com
(Click on photos to enlarge)
This is not my pattern but I just had to brag about them.  I never thought I’d be knitting gloves as I always thought that the time and energy involved weren’t worth the effort.  How wrong I was.  I saw these posted on Ravelry.com and thought they were so very pretty that I just had to try them.  It took me a couple tries to get my head wrapped around the pattern but after I accomplished that, my first prototype was a success and knew that I needed a pair.  I really like them.  Ya can’t buy gloves as nice as these. 

I used some pretty bad superwash merino/nylon sock yarn that I wasn’t going to use for socks for the main yarn and the contrast yarn came from the closeout bin at Hobby Lobby.  Both are a bit heavier than the sock yarns I’d normally use so I increased the tension dial a full number higher than the pattern called for and I worked the fairisle section a full number higher than what I knit the fingers.

The pattern was developed and posted on Ravelry.com and on her blog by Ingrid Cojocaru, AKA ‘bruchaip’.  Best of all Ingrid was kind enough to offer it to us for free. 

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I've also printed out Ingrid's instructions and have been reading through them. Not quite sure yet about the thumb gusset (or "daumenspickel";-), but I think I just have to get in there and it will become apparent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you have any questions along the way. I'll be glad to help.

      Delete